Saturday, November 14, 2009

Is this the Roaring Twenties for the overweight?

 While reading MSN.com this morning, I check out the Bing recipe search (Hate Bing, bwt.) on the front page. The first recipe is Bacon Baklava. On Msn, right there on the front page for everyone to see. Is this a total letting go of healthy eating, or are we so jaded we're willing to try anything?

 After decades of being told bacon was the Devil, now all of a sudden everyone seems to have embraced it like a long lost cousin. It is turning up in strange places where I don't really think it should be. Now, don't get me wrong, I have some food concotions that I adore, that make other people look at me like they are not quite sure if I should be walking around with everyone else. As I love bacon, I'm willing to try pretty much any of this new frontier, no matter how bizarre.

 The new bacon phenomena has spawned such tasty tidbits as Chicken Fried Bacon, candied bacon, chocolate covered bacon (Most likely working on the ideal that chocolate makes anything better!) and my personal favorite. I'm almost tempted to order a jar......

No comments:

Post a Comment